Job Description: Full-time
You will manage Acumatica or Netsuite ERP system implementation, administration, transactional business processes, analytical reporting and data analyses requests from other departments. You will have the senior financial role, handle month end closings, monthly financial statement completion, and year-end review. Assist with and develop corporate processes and procedures including implementation of ISO 9001+ and Sarbanes Oxley compliance. Initially, the person(s) in this role monitors and manage multiple “mini projects” as the ERP project manager ERP (Enterprise Resource Planning) implementation period while fulfilling the company’s primary accounting functions roles. You will help grow the company as it takes multiple new products to production and then to B2B markets. Reporting to the COO.
Are you passionate about your work and prefer to avoid big company bureaucracy, politics, and other hurdles to bringing great products to market very quickly? Get in on the ground floor with us.
We are a young and growing company that specializes in designing and manufacturing optical & opto-mechanical and fiber-optic products for consumer, medical devices/PPE (including COVID solutions), first-responders, horticultural, and commercial/ industrial advanced lighting products. We hold 200 patents in the field and continue to innovate.
What you’ll do:
- Manage and maintain, in coordination with others, the company’s ERP Cloud based system and its supporting systems including supplier EDI integrations and mapping, 3PL /logistics software, QMS, and MRP and production scheduling
- Coordinate CRM & Supplier Relationship Management application level functions including data integration & mapping, to facilitate alignment with CRM’s dashboards, reporting and workflows
- Assist with routine accounting functions: account reconciliations, resolving discrepancies, analyzing and recording accruals, month end closing and related financial statement analysis and preparation
- Assist with routine treasury/banking functions: ACH, Wire transactions, credit card processing, etc.
- Coordinate PDM integration within ERP PLM.
- Monitors and tracks the ERP project budget, keep COO apprised of the project’s budget status and escalate any issues and/or projected cost overruns
- Implement and integrate HR professional employer organization (PEO) services and sales tax software (e.g. AvaTax) systems
- Maintain analytical reporting systems to meet business needs
- Create, maintain, and distribute or make available analytical reports for daily, monthly and annual reporting
- Communicate project status, issues and risks to the appropriate stakeholders
- Assist departments in developing custom reports and dashboards
- Provide instructions, training and support to ERP system end-users, including documentation
- Provide coaching and guidance for the proper recording of transactions for payroll, human resources, accounts receivable and accounts payable, inventory accounting, purchasing, shipping and receiving, factory overhead, and manufacturing bills of materials
- Pro-actively recommends to project leadership critical project direction and scope changes and options,
- Ensures detailed project documentation is maintained and is complete inclusive of an issues & risks
- Monitoring and ensure progress regarding the resolution of issues and risks
- Participate in the resolution of contract compliance issues
- Work with the team leads in communicating decisions that need to be brought to the Executive Steering Committee for review and resolution
- Maintain and manage the overall project budget ensuring contract milestones have been satisfactorily met before disbursing payments from the project funds
- Prepare all necessary Policies, Manuals, and Documentation
- Develops routine written and verbal status reports and provides routine project updates, attends all project meetings and communicates status of project tasks to appropriate parties
- Demonstrates strong leadership, facilitation, negotiation, mentoring, conflict resolution and personnel management skills
- Utilizes troubleshooting skills to address project related issues as well as the human resource needs of the team members and acts quickly to resolve problems and issues
- Perform other related duties, as required and assigned
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, and Computer Sciences; Any combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s Degree from from an ABET accredited institution college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems, or Business Administration;
- At least 5 years of operational experience in a financial leading or implementation role with SaaS-Based ERP accounting software in a smaller/midsize company outsourcing/manufacturing , and distribution environment
- Solid knowledge of GAAP, inventory and manufacturing, and private company taxation issues.
- Proficient with independently troubleshooting, researching and resolving technically challenging problems involving integrated systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, as well as interpersonal skill
- Desired qualification: Demonstrated experience with Business Intelligence analytics toolsets; experience with packages, such as SAP BEx, Tableau, IBM Cognos, Oracle (Adaptive) Analytics, Microsoft Power BI, a plus.
- CMA (Certified Management Accountant) and CFO experience a plus
- Startup and rapid growth company experience desired.
Skills and abilities:
- Five to nine years’ progressively responsible professional experience in corporate manufacturing accounting and ERP systems administration
- Full understanding of business functions related to ERP applications system, and their successful implementation meeting business goals and requirements on a compressed timeline.
- Create/establish, maintains, tracks, and controls the project plan and schedules (milestones and deliverables) to ensure the success of the ERP implementation project
- Understanding of general ledger and manufacturing module configurations for Bills of Materials and related Overhead/Labor/material costing allocations
- Report writing proficiencies.
- Power Point creation and presentation proficiency
- Proficiency with advanced Excel functions; experience with Power Pivot a plus
- Proven capability to create detailed multi product business financial projections/ pro forma business models.
- Working knowledge MS Office applications
- Ability and willingness to quickly learn new content areas and skills
- Excellent organizational/follow-up skills and ability to multi-task
- Technical documentation proficiency.
- Experience overseeing the direction, development, and improvement of business processes with ERP solutions;
- Experience with relational database administration such MS SQL and MS Access, including Microsoft Structured Query Language (MSSQL), ODBC and ODATA data connections, a plus.
- Netsuite, Acumatica or similar mid-scale relational databases in a product manufacturing environment; and enterprise-level applications, including Customer Relationship Management (CRM), data warehouses, or equivalent.
- Proven ability to work independently under broad direction and goals
- We want a hands on person with the willingness and proven ability to get down in the trenches and get the job done.
- Looking for a jack of all trades that has an attention to detail work, yet can see the whole picture and bring that view to bear on the job.
What we offer:
- Compensation will be commensurate with experience
- Future Growth, Bonus and Compensation opportunity
- Vacation Time
- Health Insurance (Section 125 cafeteria plan)
- Remote work from home is available
Pre-Employment Screening and Employment Requirements:
- Drug Testing
- Criminal Background Investigation
- Driving Record
- Education Verification
- Prior Job Verification
- SSN Tracing, E-Verify, I-9
- US Citizenship (ITAR compliance requirement; may also require US Security Clearance) preferred.